And they were really good. The kids didn't like them (what can I say- they are tough eaters), but the German scraped the pan.
Here's my version:
- Grab a few zucchini, cut off the ends, put in a greased pan with drizzles of olive oil at 180C for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dice an onion and mince 3-4 cloves garlic and toss them in olive oil in a saucepan on the stove.
- Then dice a carrot and a celery stalk and add them in.
- Salt, pepper and thyme (can you believe it- all my spices and I have no sage! I wonder if it would have tasted better with that?).
- Remove the zucchini, use a grapefruit spoon to scrape them out, add the contents to pan, stir for a minute or two with some grated cheddar then put back into the hollow zucchini and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add panko and a bit more salt, pepper and grated cheddar and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Remove and eat. Yum!