- Skin Trade (2009) by Laurell K. Hamilton: What can one say? It was 1 pound on a table. It's sort of like watching a train wreck (with lots of orgies).
- Enthralled (ARC 9/20/11)(anth. Melissa Marr & Kelley Armstrong): Short stories by top paranormal authors. Fun. I especially enjoyed the Ally Condie, the Sarah Rees Brennan and the Marr.
- Magic Slays (2011) by Ilona Andrews: I love this series even more every time I read another book by the husband/wife co-authors. (I love their other series as well, set in the Edge). Great female protagonist, great supporting male lead, great character and world development.
- Unraveled (ARC 9/2010) by Gena Showalter: Teenagers, vampire girlfriend, werewolf protectors, witches and drainers. I finished it, but I'm not intrigued enough to get the next, or the previous to catch up.
- A Really Cute Corpse (MDT 1988) by Joan Hess: While in NY in May, I took the opportunity to grab a few more of my mother's mysteries and a few Hess'. I'm reading these out of order, of course, but I can see that Hess is not aging her characters year by year, as the later mysteries I read still have Caron ( Claire Malloy's daughter) as under-aged. A nice mystery, just a day in the life of our hero, the book store owner.
- Howl Deadly (2009) by Linda O. Johnstone: This series seems to go up and down and this one was just not that interesting. Pet-sitter/lawyer Kendra Ballantyne visits boyfriend Dante DeFrancisco's wildlife sanctuary . A missing wolf leads to a murdered man and some background info on Dante.
- Crossed (ARC 2011) by Allie Condie: I liked this a lot. Alternating viewpoints from the two protagonists. A perfect middle book of a trilogy, leaving me poised for the third. The only problem with having it early (it will be released on 11.1.11) is that I need to wait 17 months to read the final book. My only question is whether I should wait until the third book is out before I send the trilogy to my three nieces for them to read. It's that good. See my review of Matched here.
30 June 2011
What I am Reading: June 2011
Posted by G in Berlin at 6/30/2011 11:15:00 PM
Labels: Book club, Books, Books 2011, What I am reading
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment