In any event, I am unwilling to go do Disney without a pocketable point and shoot and so I have been driving myself crazy researching what I want/need/desire.
- Fuji F100d (would get it but the reviews of its menu system are extremely discouraging)
- Canon SD880 IS (like the 28-)
- Canon 990 (starts at 36, a negative for me)
- Canon SX 200 (fell in love at the PMA, but the darn think is not available yet)
- Panasonic DMC TZ-5- (some reviews have negative discussion of fringing)
I went into a local high end camera store which buys and sells and, in typical German fashion, they offered me 40 Euro for the D-50 which they were selling, used in the window, for over 400, so the German needs to list them for sale (my German is not good enough to make me feel comfortable listing in German Ebay). Unless anyone can suggest another selling site/location to explore?
I have three days to order it so that it will be waiting for me at our first stop on our Berlin-NYC-Westchester-Western Mass-Orlando-Boca-Orlando-Berlin (are you exhausted too?) "vacation" (from which I expect to need a vacation afterward!).
By the way, I am leaning toward the 880, unless the SX200 is released in the next two days....
And I'm dropping my old Elph 230 off at the Canon repair shop tomorrow for Thing1: she's been begging for a camera for ages and the toy digitals have picture quality that's too awful for even a child.